Code of Conduct
- I act safely and competently.
- I give priority to students’ safety and well-being in all my behaviour and decision making.
- I act in accordance with the values of the Gospel as defined in the Code of Ethical Conduct.
- I conduct myself in accordance with laws, agreements, policies and standards relevant to my relationship with the school community.
- I respect the dignity, culture, values and beliefs of each member of the school community.
- I treat personal information about members of the school community as private and confidential.
- I give impartial, honest and accurate information about the education, safety and well-being of students.
- I support all members of the school community in making informed decisions about students.
- I promote and preserve the trust and privilege inherent in my relationship with all members of the school community.
- I maintain and build on the community’s trust and confidence in Catholic schools and the Church.
- I act reflectively and ethically.
- I allow students to have a voice in their education, safety and well-being.
Practical Examples for Parents
- Be involved in the life of the school. Attend and participate in school events such as Masses, assemblies and sports carnivals. Volunteer for P & F and classroom rosters. Give witness that you value education by being involved in the life of the school.
- It is easy for an opinion to be mistaken for fact. Approach the relevant personnel within the school to verify the factual basis of a story can assist in allaying your fears as to the events in question.
- Parents/ Friends are expected to interact appropriately with staff, students and other parents at all times. Raising your voice, posting online comments or forwarding emails to others, insulting behaviour to anyone on school grounds – is not appropriate.
- Parents are expected to maintain privacy and confidentiality. You treat personal information about members of the school community as private and confidential.
- Follow any reasonable instructions given by a staff member when on site and observe the signed parking areas of the school.