On Friday, 3rd June, the Year 6 class will be going on an excursion to Fremantle to take part in both a visit to to the WA Maritime Museum and to Cicerello’s for lunch. We will be using a public bus and trains to travel to and from Fremantle.
- 8:50am – Mr Bovell, parent helpers and students will walk to Stirling Station and travel to Fremantle. We will arrive by 10:00am.
- We will then walk to the WA Maritime Museum to participate in a two-part, 120 minute curriculum linked guided and interactive tour. The day’s focus will be the stories, challenges and contributions of immigrant Australians.
- 12:10pm – Walk to Cicerello’s on a bit of a self-guided tour where we will stop at various sights of historical and cultural significance.
- 12:40pm to 1:10pm – Enjoy a pre-ordered dine-in lunch at Cicerello’s.
- 1:10pm to 1:30pm – Play at the Esplanade Park.
- 1:30pm – Walk to Fremantle Train Station.
- 1:55pm – Travel by train from Fremantle Train Station to Stirling Train Station.
- 2:43pm – Arrive at Stirling Train Station.
- 2:45pm to 3:00pm – Students are to be picked up by their parents from Stirling Train Station “drop off and pick up” section.
This excursion ties in with the Year 6 HASS curriculum and many of the experiences will be tied into Literacy and Mathematics lessons. Why people migrated to Australia and what were their stories and challenges? (ACHASSK136) How did these people contribute to Australian society? (ACHASSK137)
Children will be required to wear the correct school sports uniform, with one of their grey polo tops on this day, including a school hat. They are also required to bring their recess, and a water bottle, in their normal school or duffle bag.
Parent helpers are needed and will be welcomed to assist in the supervision of students. Please complete the following form if you would like to assist.
If you have any questions or you believe we need to know something about your child prior to going on this excursion, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Year 6 Teacher