Last week you would have hopefully seen the information at the bottom of this communication regarding non attendance notification expectations here at St Dominic’s.
To assist families, we have updated the form found on our school website home page. By clicking on the absentee icon on the home page a form will come up requesting specific information regarding your child’s absence from school. Click here to go directly to this new form. After completing and submitting this form your child’s absentee information will be automatically forwarded to the firstname.lastname@example.org account as well as your child’s classroom teacher. A seperate entry is required for each student.
Non Attendance Notification Expectations at St Dominic’s School
- If your child is going to be absent, an email must be sent to the classroom teacher with admin cc’d into the email (email@example.com) .
- Where possible, we ask that this is done prior to the start of the school day on which your child is absent.
- The email must contain the full name of the parent or guardian providing the information for the absence.
- Emails from parents are acceptable and will be printed for our records. Telephone messages are insufficient.
- Teachers are required to follow up all absences which are not accompanied by a note.
- If you are going to be away for an extended period of time (e.g. holiday within the term), please contact the Principal to discuss these plans.
- Signed notes are still an acceptable form of notification, however, our preferred method of contact is via an email to the class teacher and admin.