Our Senior Faction Swimming Carnival (Years 3-6) will be held on Wednesday, 6th March at the Claremont Pool from 10.30am – 2.30 pm. Information regarding the Junior Fun Events Carnival (Year 1 and 2) will be sent home next week. The later start time is to accomodate Ash Wednesday Mass, which all students from Year 1 to 6 will attend prior to boarding the buses and heading to Claremont Swimming Pool. All students are expected to participate and will have the opportunity to choose the event/s they wish to enter. Students are encouraged to enter swimming stroke events. The shortest distance of 25 metres is a distance that most children should be able to swim. However, there will be some novelty events for swimmers who may find this distance beyond them. In order to help with the placement of students in swimming events, the prompt return of the below online form would be greatly appreciated.
- Selection for interschool representation will be based on performances in 50 metre events only.
- Children wishing to press for selection should enter 50 metre events.
- Children can only enter one distance of any particular stroke (i.e. 25m freestyle or 50m freestyle.
- Children are asked to enter at least two events.
- Relay teams for the faction carnival are chosen on the day from the fastest 50 metre times. This is to be overseen by teachers acting as faction marshals.
- Competitive students may enter as many events as they like.
- Championship points for individual trophy winners are awarded to students from Years 3-6 in the strokes of 50m freestyle, 50m backstroke and 50m breaststroke.
- The kickboard event is only for students who are not confident
Parents please ensure that your child can swim the distance indicated.
All children will need to wear the sport uniform (faction top) to the carnival with their bathers underneath. They will also need to bring a towel and a change of underwear for afterwards. All children will come back to school for the afternoon. Those parents who wish to take their child home from the carnival are welcome to do so, but must let supervising teachers know. Parents and spectators are welcome to attend and support all children in our school.
As is the case at such events, we do need some parent helpers on the day to do timekeeping and recording jobs. If you would be available/interested in helping out on carnival day, please not this on the online form or send me an email indicating your interest – email@example.com
Thank you for your support.