The Year 5 and 6 students will be representing St Dominic’s School at the Winter Sports Day, which is held at Matthews Netball Centre, Pat Goodridge Reserve and Henderson Reserve, all in Wembley, on Thursday, 23rd June (Week 9).
St Dominic’s will have teams in the following sports, Soccer, AFL and Netball.
Detailed fixtures will be available close to the time, but students will leave school at 9.00am, to travel to the venue, with the first match commencing at 10:00am. Presentations will be held at 2.00pm and buses will depart the venue at 2.15pm
There are a few important things to note;
- This is a winter carnival and will proceed as planned unless weather is forecast to be dangerous. Students should be prepared to play in the rain and should ensure they bring warm clothes/ waterproofs as required for between games and for the journey home at the end of the day.
- There are no canteen facilities at the venues. Students and spectators should ensure they bring enough healthy snacks and lunch to last them the full day. There will be opportunities to refill water bottles at the venue. Lollies to share with friends should not be brought on the day, students should only eat the food provided by their parents/ guardians.
- Uniform and footwear: Students should wear their playing uniforms underneath their St Dominic’s sport uniform (grey/ white shirt and maroon shorts) and school tracksuit if desired. For girls playing Netball, it is ok to come in their Netball skirt as long as they bring a pair of shorts to get changed into after school.
I will issue students with a playing uniform to wear/ use for the day in the days prior to the carnival. These uniforms will need to be LEFT AT SCHOOL AT THE END OF THE DAY. As we are representing our school on this day, there should be no non-uniform items worn. Please ensure all belongings are clearly labelled. Students playing Soccer may choose to wear boots but are not required to do so.
- Equipment/ Requirements
- Netball- nails must be cut
- Football- Mouthguards and Boots recommended.
- Soccer- Mouthguards and shin protection recommended. Boots recommended.
As always, parents and spectators are very welcome to attend and support our teams.
I will require parent helpers to take care of a team on the day. I will provide you with all of the things that you will need on the day in terms of fixtures, rules and equipment. If you can help, please fill out the form linked below.
If you have any questions or feel that the Winter Carnival may raise issues relevant to your child’s safe and full participation, please contact me to discuss these further.
Phys Ed Teacher