At his press conference last week, the Premier of Western Australia, Hon Mark McGowan, announced a significant easing of restrictions in the Perth and Peel region effective from 12.01am Saturday, 8th May until 12.01am Saturday, 15th May.
The lifting of restrictions was welcomed news and enables school operations to essentially return to pre lockdown arrangements. It continues to be emphasised though, that maintaining COVID-safe practices is essential in mitigating the risk of possible transmissions in the future.
I ask all in our community to continue to be vigilant in following our established COVID-safe practices. This includes maintaining good hand hygiene and physical distancing where possible while one the school grounds.
- Masks are no longer required to be worn by our staff or visitors to our school.
- From 12.01am on Saturday 8 May masks will only be required on public transport, or at events and venues with more than 1,000 people, and in hospital, disability and aged care facilities.
Parents, Caregivers and Visitors on School Premises
Parents and caregivers should continue to:
- enter and exit the school through the main school gates located on Beatrice Street,
- sign in using the SafeWA app (QR code located on main school gates),
- practice 1.5 metre physical distancing, where practicable,
- not congregate in groups,
- follow good personal hygiene practices, and
- use the hand sanitiser located at the entrance to the school grounds.
All parents, caregivers and visitors to the school during the day (outside of drop off and pick up times) are required to adhere to the above directives, as well as report to the main office before entering the school.
- St Dominic’s Church continues to operate at 100% capacity.
- Our indoor facilities such as the school hall and classrooms remain subject to the two square metre capacity rule.
Students who are unwell should stay at home and parents are asked to seek medical advice if their child exhibits symptoms of COVID-19. The normal processes for advising the school of a child’s absence continues to apply.
Thank you once again to the whole school community for your assistance with the regulations put in place over the past weeks. Your support enabled our school community to access and move around our school site safely.