To celebrate and conclude our busy year of learning, fun and friends in Kindy and Pre Primary, we will be going on an end of year outing to Jo Wheatley All Abilities Play Space in Dalkeith.
Below is the agenda for the day:
- 8:45am to 9:00am – Children to be dropped off to their classroom as per normal.
- 10:15am – Eat recess at school.
- 10:30am – Children to board bus and depart school.
- 11:00am – Arrive at Jo Wheatley All Abilities Play Space.
- 11:00am to 12:00pm – Free play time at the park.
- 12:00pm to 12:30pm – Lunch.
- 12:30pm to 1:45pm – Free play time at the park.
- 1:45pm – Pack away, got to the toilet and line up to board the bus.
- 2.00pm – Children travel back to school by bus.
- 2.30pm – Arrive at back at school. Pick up as normal.
The children will need to take their school bag containing…
- Lunchbox with a packed recess and lunch.
- Drink bottle of water. Please ensure your child has enough water for an active day.
- Hat and sunscreen.
- A change of clothes in a plastic bag. There is a water pump situated in the sandpit for children to make mud pies etc. If your child gets wet, then a spare change of clothes will come in handy.
We will require 3 parent helpers who are prepared to travel by bus to assist with supervision and toileting during our time at the park. Unfortunately, parents with siblings joining them will not be suitable for volunteering as a parent helper on this outing, however, families are invited to make their own way there and join us for the day. Younger siblings are more than welcome to come with the families who meet us there, however, they are the responsibility of their parents. Please complete the online parent helper for linked below if you are able to assist during this outing.
The whole park is fully enclosed with fencing and has entry/exit gates with safety locks located around the park. If children need to go to the toilet they will be supervised by one of the parent helpers. If you would like to stay a bit longer at the park or take your child home with you, please see your child’s teacher on the day.
A paper copy of the permission slip linked below will be coming home with your child today. Please sign and return this by Monday, 2nd November, 2019.
We thank you for your continued support throughout the year and we look forward to sharing a fun filled day with you. We wish you all a safe and happy Christmas.
The Kindy and Pre Primary Team